Now, more than ever, it is crucial that you are making your mark in Google Search.
Why? Check these numbers out:
- About 3.5 billion Google searches are conducted each day
- 87% of American shoppers search for products or services online before buying.
- 60% of Google’s traffic goes to the top 3 results in search.
What do these statistics mean for your business?
It means that it is more important than ever to meet customers where they are and provide valuable, informative content educating potential customers about your products to generate more traffic and drive more revenue.
So how do you ensure that people searching for products like yours visit your website and not your competitors?
The answer to that is easier said than done: SEO.
Is Search Engine Optimization Still Important in 2021?
SEO will help your business increase sales by more efficiently tapping into expanding online market. With leads from organic web traffic averaging close rates of over 14% compared to 1.7% from conventional marketing techniques like direct emailing, dominating search engine rankings is a must.
But being an SEO expert requires dedicated research and a lot of experimentation. Google is constantly updating its SEO algorithm, so you need to stay abreast with the latest updates.
So what can you do?
Here are our top seven SEO techniques to help you improve your website’s visibility in 2021:
1. Conduct an Extensive SEO Audit on Your Website
You need first to establish how your website is currently performing to identify critical areas to work on.
Why are you not attracting enough traffic? Are you satisfied with the number of sales you’re deriving from your traffic?
An SEO audit also includes setting new goals and defining the steps you need to follow to reach them.
Consider the following questions during the audit:
- Do you have descriptions and meta titles for all your website’s pages?
- Are your pages properly optimized for your target keywords? (Be on the lookout for keyword stuffing)
- Are your URLs short, simple, and structured to convey what your pages are about at a glance?
- Have you formatted your blog posts and pages properly? (Short, concise paragraphs, appropriate headings, call to action, etc.)
- Do your images have keyword optimized alt tags?
- Do you have any backlinks to your content? Are you linking to other important pages on your site?
2. Know What Your Users Are Looking For
Google is more of a Big Data company than an advertising company. Every tool they design seeks to obtain users’ data to build a more precise search engine.
To optimize your search traffic, think of your business as a big data company too. Customize your content to address what your target customers want. Users will only visit websites that meet their needs.
Here are a couple of ways to identify what your users want:
- Leverage social media platforms like Quora to interact directly with experts on specific issues.
- Use social listening to identify what your customers are saying on social media about your product or service.
- Check Google Analytics for your most popular pages.
- Which posts were liked or shared most?
- What are your users’ comments?
3. Develop A Mobile-Friendly Website
More than 60% of Google’s daily search traffic comes from mobile devices. With Google moving to mobile-first indexing and prioritizing mobile-friendly sites, having a website that is designed for mobile screens is crucial.
Any business that seeks to optimize their websites’ visibility must first make them mobile-friendly.
How do you confirm whether your website is mobile-friendly?
Google makes that part easy.
Paste your website’s URL into Google’s free Mobile Testing Tool, run the test and get instant results.
4. Use Appropriate Infographics to Drive Traffic
A study by Search Engine Journal showed that users are 30× more likely to concentrate on infographics than standard text articles.
By providing an infographic as part of a larger blog post, or even on its own, you’re delivering something that your users are THIRTY TIMES more likely to view and engage with. Soon you’ll find users spending more time on your pages and “bouncing” less often, signaling to Google that what you’re offering is catching the interest of users landing on your site.
Don’t be surprised when your page rankings start jumping up after that.
5. Use the Inverted Pyramid Writing Style
Before a user settles on reading your content, they will skim through the first few paragraphs to determine if it’s worth their time. If you include the most valuable information at the top, you are more likely to catch their attention and have them read the whole article.
6. Work on Improving User Experience (UX) Within Your Website Pages
Google survives on ensuring that users locate what they’re looking for in the shortest time possible. This is the first aspect of UX; how useful is your website page to the reader, and how fast can they access the desired information?
Another essential factor is readability. Does the user struggle to read your content? Have you used the appropriate rich-text formats, e.g., headings and subheadings?
User experience goes far beyond these apparent factors. Sometimes, you may need to use user-testing tools like Crazy Egg, Optimizely, or Google Optimize to get to the roots of your UX.
7. Increase Your Website Loading Speeds
Several years ago, Google developers noted that site speed was critical for users. Slow websites are a nuisance to surfers and, consequently, a threat to Google’s survival. They, therefore, decided to add site speed as one of their major ranking factors. If you’re not sure of how fast your pages are loading, you can use Google’s free tools – Page Speed Insights, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project, or Test My Site – to gauge performance and identify weak areas.
Get Help From the SEO Experts
As you must have noticed, Search Engine Optimization can be quite a handful. The truth is that these tips are just the tip of the iceberg. We haven’t even gone into the finer details. If you really want to see your page rankings go off, it will help to have experienced professionals lead your SEO efforts.
Fortunately, BizIQ is here to help you out. We have assisted over 20,000 organizations in improving their websites’ visibility and getting the most out of the online space.
Contact us now, and let’s start strategizing your search engine visibility.