How Do Facebook Ad Audiences Work?
Facebook currently has approximately 2.74 billion monthly active users, an increase of 12% from September 2019. With Facebook being the world’s third most visited website after Google and YouTube, no other social media platform offers businesses this kind of ready market for their products. This is proof enough that companies need to incorporate Facebook into their marketing strategies.
In 2019, Facebook generated over 69 billion US dollars in revenue from advertising. Advertising makes a significant part of the social network’s revenue. This is proof that consumers are clicking on these Facebook advertisements. With many businesses currently using Facebook ads to get their products and services in front of consumers, how do you stand out and get users clicking on your Facebook ads? How do you ultimately convert these clicks into sales?
Need help with your Facebook ads? Check out BizIQ’s Facebook advertising services and let us help!
How Can You Use Facebook To Tap Prospects?
Most people don’t usually get on Facebook to buy something. For your business to attract prospective clients on a platform that doesn’t offer keyword targeting, you need to understand who uses Facebook and how they are using it. This will help you formulate a working marketing strategy for Facebook.
Knowing who your customers are on Facebook is a critical step for any successful Facebook Ads campaign. Facebook has over 1.8 billion active users daily. Not all these users will buy your products. Therefore, it’s critical that you only target users who can be or are potentially interested in the products and services you provide. Advertising to audiences that are unlikely to convert to sales is a waste of money. For this reason, Facebook offers businesses a wide range of targeting options to help them find the right market. One of these options is Facebook Ad Audiences.
Facebook ads allow you to target users based on their:
- Location: You can specifically advertise in communities, cities, and countries where you want to do business.
- Demographics: You can choose your target audience based on gender, age, education, or job title. Although Facebook allows you to keep track of the type of people your Facebook ads are reaching, they will never share personal information about them with you.
- Interests: You can target people based on their hobbies and interest – from film to beauty to organic food, making your targeted ads relevant to the people seeing it.
- Consumer behavior: Target your ads based on consumer behavior such as device usage, user profiles, and prior purchases.
- Connections: You can choose to include people who are already connected to your Facebook page or exclude them and look for a new audience.
How to Build an Audience for Facebook Ads
According to a survey carried out by Weebly, 62% of small business owners said that their paid Facebook ads are missing their target audience. Approximately 6 million businesses currently use Facebook ads to get their products across, but very few understand how these ads can work to their businesses’ advantage. Without the right Facebook ad audience, your ads will never reach the ideal customer base. If you want to improve your return on investment (ROI) and reduce your advertising costs when advertising on Facebook, you need to learn how to target the right audience at the right time.
6 Steps to Help You Craft the Perfect Facebook Ad Audience
Here are some steps to help you craft the perfect Facebook ad audience for your brand.
Create a Goal
The first step of crafting your Facebook ad audience is to ask yourself some fundamental questions to help you build a logical advertising strategy. Some of these questions include:
- What is your main objective?
- What do you hope to achieve with Facebook ads?
- What actions do you want people to take once they see the ad?
- What is the end goal?
Your advertising goals will likely fall into these categories:
- Awareness: Your goal is to create interest in your services and products. You introduce your business to consumers intending to increase brand awareness.
- Consideration: At this level, you want to go beyond the brand awareness stage and draw consumers to seek more information about your brand. You create ads that encourage people to visit your website to learn more about how your business operates.
- Conversions: Your goal is to encourage consumers to purchase your products and render your services.
Craft Your Facebook Ad Audience
Crafting your Facebook ads audience enables you to clearly define and get down to a smaller audience of potential customers. To build and manage your Facebook ad audience, you will have to use the Audience Manager tool. This tool is accessed in the Business Manager by clicking on the top-right menu and selecting Audiences.
Facebook provides businesses with three primary audience types:
- Saved Audiences: Saved audiences can be defined by choosing people’s location, interests, age, language, used devices, gender, or income level. You can build saved audiences in the campaign setup phase or the Audience Manager.
- Custom Audiences: Custom audiences allow you to retarget past site visitors and consumers who’ve engaged with your content.
- Lookalike Audiences: Lookalike audiences allow you to reach people similar to your existing customer base – making them highly likely to convert. To create a lookalike audience, you first need to build a custom audience to tell Facebook the type of users you’d like to reach.
Create and Share a Piece of Content
Once you’ve crafted your audience, you should create a piece of content.
Let’s say you create a video to reach out to your target audience. Personalize your content to the buyer’s circumstance or where they are in their buyer journey.
Create a Facebook Custom Audience
Facebook allows you to create a custom audience based on your existing data: customer list, engagements, and website visitors. People who interacted with your content, that is, watching your video, are likely interested in your content. Build a custom audience by including everyone who watched 95% of your video.
Run Ads to Your Content
Run ads to your video until you get at least 1,000 people who’ve watched 95% of the video. No matter how long it takes you to reach that goal, you should run the ad until you get to this number. Facebook prefers videos to get to that number before allowing you to move to the next step.
Create a Lookalike Audience
To create a lookalike audience, you need to identify your custom audience’s common interests, characteristics, and demographics. This allows you to identify and deliver your Facebook ads to those who look like your custom audience.
Get Professional Help with Your Facebook Ads
Here at Biz IQ, we offer professional, transparent, and affordable social media advertising solutions to make it easier for businesses like yours to get greater visibility on social media platforms. Our efforts will also enable you to attract more customers and boost your brand awareness.
Get in touch with us today, or call us on (888) 416-9800 and let us help you become a reputable and go-to brand and set your footprints using BizIQ’s Facebook Ads services.