Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very useful in increasing sales and generating new leads. Unfortunately, it can be expensive, and your budget can be limited. Of course, you can always find cheap SEO services for a few dollars, but they will not be effective. So, what should you do if you want to improve your SEO and make it more effective, but your finances are limited? Keep reading this post to learn some tips on building a robust SEO strategy without spending too much.
How to Improve Your SEO Strategy on a Small Budget?
Here is a list of five tips that you should follow to make the most of your limited SEO budget and build a winning SEO strategy:
Review and Change Your Keyword Strategy
It is important to be realistic when thinking about what keywords you will use in your SEO strategy. Before developing a keyword research strategy, you should understand the landscape of the search engine results page and the competition you are dealing with.
First, analyze what keywords you were using and how effective they are. Make sure you do not use high-volume and broad words because they are usually too generic and do not work properly. Instead, find long-tail alternatives that will bring you better results.
What are the long-tail words? Usually, they are three or more words in length and are very specific. Long-tail keywords usually provide higher quality, which improves conversion rates. For example, if you own a small concrete company specializing in asphalt paving in Dallas, TX, the term “asphalt paving in Dallas” (long-tail) is a better choice than just “asphalt paving” (short-tail). When you use a long-tail key phrase, you increase your chances of attracting a specific local audience, which is exactly what you need.
Here are some valuable tips on finding and choosing good long-tail keywords:
- Diversity is key. Do not use just one long-tail term. If you do, posts on your website will read like they were written by a robot, not a human, which is a sign of low-quality content. Use different keywords to make your content more lively, vivid, dynamic, and sound natural. Feel free to experiment with new key phrases you have not used before.
- Use the section “People also ask” in Google. If you are looking for good long-tail keywords, you should know that many of them often come in the form of questions. All you need to do to find them is to start searching for something in Google and then navigate to “People also ask.”
Use Google My Business
Optimizing your business’s online presence for local searches is important. According to the statistics, almost 46% of Internet users search for local businesses and information. One of the best and most effective tools allowing businesses to manage their online presence is Google My Business (GMB). The best thing about this tool is that it is free and will take you one minute to claim your Google My Business listing.
With the help of GMB listing, you can literally put your business on a map and tell people living in your city or area about it. Here are five main reasons you need to create a GMB profile for your business:
- It improves the visibility and search rankings of your business. If you fill out your Google My Business page correctly and add all the necessary information, you will soon notice how the visibility and search rankings are improved significantly.
- It enhances your engagement and customer support. With a Google My Business profile, you will be able to respond to questions and comments about your products or services faster and address negative comments and reviews. Also, most customers prefer to work with businesses they contact immediately to ask a question and submit a complaint.
- It boosts traffic and sales. Having a Google My Business profile allows you to boost your website’s traffic. This is because when people search for information about your products or services and find your GMB profile, they will most likely click on the website to learn more about your company and offers.
Increase Your On-page SEO
On-page SEO is used to optimize individual web pages to help a website rank higher on the search engine results page and earn more traffic. It might seem more complicated than it actually is. Here is a list of a few tips on what you should do:
- Title. The purpose of the title is to explain what the web page is about. It is recommended to include a target keyword in the title. Also, the title should read well and be at most 70 characters.
- Description. Even though the description of a web page does not count for rankings, you still should keep it optimized and relevant.
- Effective URLs. If you include URLs, they should be short and easy to read. Use one of your primary keywords to explain to your audience what information they will find if they click on your link.
- Frequency of keywords. Even though Google does not use keyword frequency, it still counts how often a certain keyword appears on a piece of content.
Use The Power of Social Media Marketing
You cannot deny that social media is one of the most powerful tools that help run an SEO strategy. It is hard to imagine today someone who is not on social media. The major social media platforms with millions of active users are Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter. As a business owner, you should understand one important rule: if your target audience is on social media, you should be there too.
However, just being on social media is not enough. You should be as active as possible by posting content regularly and answering negative comments. This will allow you to build a community and establish trust with your audience.
What are the benefits of social media marketing? Here is a list of some of them:
- It increases brand awareness. Social media presence allows you to expose your company to new eyes, who may become your customers in the future.
- Get to know your target customer and audience better. Knowing your audience is important because you can get new ideas about reaching your audience in new creative ways. You will also understand what type of advertising works better for your business.
- Use it for customer service. Often, instead of reaching out to you, customers post online complaints. You may prevent it if you use social media to provide customer service. Many online users use social media to contact a company or brand to ask questions or complain about something. That makes social media perfect for communication between business owners and their customers.
- New exclusive opportunities. Social media is constantly growing and changing. Therefore, if you do not have an online presence, you may miss out on a lot of new opportunities for your business.
Optimize Your Website’s Structure and Content
The structure of your website and the content you post on it are interrelated. That means that low-quality content harms the website’s optimization. As a result, it affects user experience and decreases website rankings.
If you have a well-optimized website, your users can enjoy structured navigation that allows them to find information about the products and services and answers to their questions.
One of the effective elements of a good website structure and optimization is internal linking. It is a ranking factor for search engines that help boost SEO. It is one of the best and most effective optimization solutions and helps visitors find new content easily.
Here are some other tips that will help you to optimize your website without spending a fortune:
- Conduct an SEO audit. Performing a full SEO audit will help you understand how to improve your Google search results. It will also allow you to look closely at different aspects of your website, including indexing, crawl errors, keywords, the quality of the content, links, and more. With the help of a comprehensive audit, you will see your mistakes and what you can do to improve your website’s optimization.
- Do keyword research. It is recommended to do keyword research before creating content for your website. When you have a list of keywords you will use, you might get creative and unique ideas for your content. When determining the keywords you will use in your targeted content, there are certain factors you should take into consideration: search volume (the number of people that are actually searching for these keywords), relevance (how relevant the keywords to your prospects are), and competition (analysis how intense the competition is when you are using certain keywords).
- Create SEO-friendly content. Content is probably the most effective tool for improving websites’ optimization. However, creating quality content is not easy because it can meet the specific expectations of the target audience. You should remember one thing when working on the content: you write for people, not search engines.
Improving Your SEO – FAQs
Here are the answers to the most common questions related to SEO and how to improve it:
Can I improve SEO myself?
Yes, there are many things you can do to improve SEO without spending too much money. You can research keywords, optimize your website, build internal links, improve click-throughs, optimize title tags, create useful and valuable content, update old, irrelevant content, conduct an SEO audit, and educate yourself by learning more about SEO.
Should I hire an agency to do SEO?
If you are looking for long-term success, the answer is definitely yes – you should consider hiring an agency specializing in SEO.
What are the most common SEO mistakes?
Many professionals make the same SEO mistakes. Knowing what they are is important so you can fix them. These mistakes include a slow website speed, bad reviews on Google, a lack of location-specific pages on the website, duplicate and low-quality content, broken images, outdated information on the website, the website not optimized for mobile, broken links, pages not indexed, improper lengths of meta titles and meta descriptions, long messy URLs, and more.
BizIQ – Quality Digital Marketing Services in Phoenix, Arizona
Suppose you are a business owner from Phoenix, AZ, or any other nearby area, and you need professional help from marketing experts to improve your SEO. In that case, BizIQ is the company you need. We are SEO experts, and we provide a variety of SEO and marketing services, including Local SEO, Organic SEO, PPC advertising, local brand management, website design & development, e-commerce, and more. We have already helped over 26,000 small businesses, and we are ready to help you grow your business, attract new customers, increase your sales, and improve your overall SEO.
If you have any questions about our services or want to discuss your SEO strategy, please feel free to visit our website or call us.