Appearing on the first Google pages can have many benefits including a higher ROI for your business. Many searchers often see businesses on the first pages. They do not visit pages beyond the first 3–5 options.
Your business can struggle to attract enough visitors if you are not on the first pages. You may rely on paid advertising to appear on these pages, but it is not a viable solution in the long run. Leverage organic search to enjoy search rankings.
What Are Organic Search Results?
Organic search results refer to the traffic that you do not pay for on search engines. Some sites attract visitors by paying to rank highly on search engines. Your small business can enjoy organic search if you use the right strategies. You will enjoy similar benefits to paying organizations with no expenses.
Sounds too good to be true?
Research shows that organic searches account for 51% of visitors to a site. The study also shows that this also accounts for the most significant portion of revenue for most businesses.
Seven Ways SEO Can Improve Your Organic Search Results
You can improve your organic results if you use these SEO strategies.
1. Check Your Current Rankings
Determining your current SEO ranking will help you take the right steps. You will know where you are faltering and where to sustain your efforts.
You can use several tools to check your rankings. For example, you can use SERPs.com to review your performance for various keywords.
The check can help you determine:
- Where your website ranks for the keywords on search engines
- The first page that comes up if a searcher searches for relevant keywords
- Your mean monthly searches
- Your average CPC (cost-per-click) for the keywords
Use these details to determine your next steps.
2. Refine Your Keywords List
Once you know your performance for various keywords, you can define and refine your keyword list. Pick the most relevant keywords for your site to help you achieve your objectives.
Targeting clients with the right keywords can help you succeed. Use exact, broad, and long-tail keywords. This combination will help you create the most relevant content for searchers. Search engines’ algorithms are likely to rank your website highly if you combine these keyword types.
Choose the right keywords with the approaches:
- Check Google trends
- Use Google Keyword Planner
- Check the top suggestions when you type terms related to your services
3. Create Useful Content
Search algorithms provide the most relevant and useful content for search queries. They prioritize websites whose content is most relevant to the search terms. Creating content that meets the users’ needs enables you to rank higher. Search engines will suggest your website because it answers and helps the user.
You can create useful content by taking these actions:
- Create your content around the keywords
- Be comprehensive in your post (but don’t have a long post)
- Review and update your posts
- Try to match the users’ search terms
4. Optimize Your Page Titles
Your HTML tag is essential metadata for your page. Structure it correctly to rank higher on Google. The title tag serves as a brief description of your page’s content. It should be unique and have less than 70 characters. Ensure it is similar to your keywords to rank higher.
Take these actions to improve your title tags:
- Use power words in the title. Power words evoke people’s emotions. Choose the right amount of these words to achieve your objectives
- Add brackets. Brackets break up your title tags and make them more readable
- Stick to the prescribed limit. Google cuts off extra characters in your title tag. This action may distort the tag’s meaning, affecting your ranking
- Maintain some mystery. Leverage searchers’ curiosity to ensure they visit your website by making your title tag captivating
5. Optimize Your Site’s Loading Speed
Research shows it is good to keep your site’s loading speed to under three seconds. Searchers often abandon sites that take long to load. Ensure your site loads fast to avoid losing potential clients.
You can improve your site’s loading speed by taking these actions:
- Enable browser caching. This action allows your visitors to load pages faster when they visit the second time. They will not need to send another HTTP request on their subsequent visit
- Reduce your photo sizes. Compress your pictures without compromising their quality to improve your loading speed
6. Fix Broken Backlinks to Your Site
Broken backlinks refer to broken links to your website from other sites. You may have broken backlinks if you moved or deleted the page with backlinks or the site linked to you by mistake. Broken backlinks can make you lose traffic.
You can fix broken backlinks in some ways:
- Redirect the page to the new location or another relevant page on your website
- Restore the page
- Recreate the missing page at the broken backlink
- Ask the website to remove the link to your site
- Use the Google Disavow tool to disavow the backlinks
7. Make Your Site Mobile-Friendly
Statistics show that up to 60% of searches take place on mobile devices. Making your site mobile-friendly can allow you to enjoy the mobile search. Your site will provide an enjoyable experience for mobile searchers and have a higher ranking among results.
You can make your site mobile-friendly by taking these actions.
- Ensure people with small screens can use your icons
- Use responsive website design to cater to users with various screen sizes
Receive Professional Help with Your SEO Efforts
You may need help to use these SEO strategies to succeed in organic search. BizIQ can help you leverage them to meet your objectives.
BizIQ offers expert and affordable digital marketing services. We have helped over 20,000 clients in over ten years that we have been a leading brand in the industry.
Contact us today, and we will help you use SEO to achieve your organic search objectives.