In today’s world, digital marketing is the single most important part of an advertising campaign. There are many parts when it comes to digital marketing and one of the most important involves social media. There are hundreds of millions of people who use social media on a daily basis.
As a result, this is one of the top ways for small businesses to get their content in front of potential customers. As this is a great way to reach a larger audience, it is important to know about the platforms, the various platforms, why this is important to small businesses, and how to use the various types of content to generate leads, create conversions, and drive revenue.
What is Social Media Content & Why Does it Matter to My Small Business?
For those who might not know, social media content refers to anything that you post on your media profiles. If you want to drive more traffic to your website, then you need to pair it with a few profiles. Some of the top social media platforms today include:
While you don’t need to have a profile on all of these platforms because it will be way too hard to manage, you should have a profile on more than one of these platforms. Think about who your target audience is and which of these platforms they use. Then, create a platform that will connect with them.
When you use a profile properly, you can use this to drive followers and visitors from your profiles to your website using content. You can use your platforms to keep your business at the forefront of your followers’ minds. That way, you can let them know when there are certain deals or specials that your business is running. Furthermore, you can also share new product and service releases in this manner as well.
The biggest reason why content is important is that this is a way for you to connect with your followers on a personal level. When they feel personally connected to your business, they are going to feel personally invested in its success. They will share posts from your business, invest in your products and services, and contribute to its success. For this reason, it is important for you to get the most out of your posts. With this in mind, you need to learn about the nine types of content and how they can help you grow your business.
9 Types of Social Media Content
In general, there are nine different types of social media content. These include:
- User Generated Content: Often shortened to USG, user-generated content is one of the best types of content if you would like to increase your user engagement and reach. With this type of social media content, you post information on your pages that is designed to elicit specific types of reactions from your followers. This can also help you create a warm welcome for new followers while ensuring existing followers continue to feel welcome. Your followers might comment on the page, so make sure to credit them and let them know that they were noticed. Through this type of content, you can use this to show your audience that you care about them by engaging with them.
- Podcasts: While podcasts have been around for a long time, they have gained a great deal of momentum during the past few years. While some say podcasts are on their way to replacing the radio, if you decide to use podcasts, you need to market it to get more listeners. Importantly, some platforms might not let you post your podcast as a type of social media content, so you may need to share a link to the podcast instead. Think about using a podcast as a type of content if you think your target audience would be comfortable listening to it.
- Live Streams: This is one of the most popular types of content today and you should definitely livestream on Facebook as a way to connect with your followers. After you finish your livestream, make sure that you allow others to listen to your livestream if they missed it. You can use livestreams on platforms such as Facebook Live to generate leads. Post a link in the comment section and encourage your visitors to click on it to fill out a form. Just like that, you have a new lead.
- Infographics: Infographics are rising in popularity as well as a type of content. The reality is that people do not want to read long blocks of text. When people say that a picture is worth 1000 words, that is true with infographics. Make sure that you make your infographic clear with large pictures and large text to communicate information quickly. Then, use this type of content to connect with your visitors. There are also infographics that are already made. You can use this as a template for your own site as well. There are numerous free tools available online to help you create infographics like a pro!
- Virtual Reality Content: One of the biggest hits today is virtual reality and you can even use this as a type of content as well. There are numerous brands that are creating and sharing virtual reality content as a way to engage their users. Some brands are even creating content using this technology with which their users can interact. With a 360 VR camera, it is easy to take this technology to new heights. This type of content can be posted on Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms. Think about finding a way to create virtual reality content that can go viral!
- Webinars: While you might find this hard to believe, webinars can also be shared easily on your platforms. In order to leverage this type of content, you need to collect emails from your followers. You can do this by creating a form and asking them to subscribe. Then, you can either record a webinar and post it as a form of content or host a webinar live on one of your social platforms. This is a great way to connect with your followers while also providing them with an educational session. This is just another way that you can show your followers just how much you care about them.
- Reviews and Testimonials: One of the most powerful forms of content involves reviews and testimonials. You need to make yourself as transparent as possible to win the trust of your followers. One of the best ways to do exactly that is to show your followers that you share the feedback you receive from them and you take it seriously. You can even get your reviewers to record it and post it on your profiles as a form of content.
- eBooks: Lots of people love eBooks so you can post this online as a way to teach your followers about something interesting. If you post eBooks as a form of content, you will generate leads quickly. For example, if you run an IT company, you can post an eBook as a way to help your followers learn about ways to protect their information and their privacy. Think about finding a way to target your eBook to a specific audience.
- Guides: Finally, if you have enough content, you can even post a guide on your profiles as a type of content. This type of content can help your followers learn how to get the most out of your product or service. If you can convince your followers that they are getting a great deal from a certain product or service, you are sure to generate more leads. Take a look at which of your products are performing the best. Then, use this information to create a helpful guide.
All of these types of content can play a role in the growth of small businesses. It is important for all small businesses to know which types of content are best for their businesses.
Social Media Content Type that is Best for My Company
You need to think about the type of social media that is going to work the best for your company. Some of the most common types of content include:
- Images: If you are going to post images, then you need to use the platform that will help you get the most out of them. The two best platforms for sharing images are Pinterest and Instagram. While Snapchat is an effective alternative, you can use pictures to help you interact with your followers, getting shares and clicks. This will help you engage with your visitors.
- Guides: If you are going to a guide, then you need to think about posting this on LinkedIn or Facebook. Remember that you can post something in more than one place, so don’t be afraid to branch out and post it twice. These platforms are ideal for sharing large blocks and text and books.
- Videos: Videos are a great way to go viral. Smartphone cameras are enough to take gorgeous videos and there are even apps where you can edit them easily. While YouTube is the king when it comes to sharing videos, Instagram and TikTok are great places to share videos as well. You might also find that Snapchat works well for certain videos.
These are just a few of the tips that you need to keep in mind if you are going to share content on these platforms. Think about the content that is going to work the best for your company and choose the right platform.
4 Expert Tips to Grow Your Social Media Following
If you would like to use this content to grow your business, then you need to find ways to grow your following. These are a few ways that you can do exactly that. Here are four tips that you can follow to grow your social media quickly:
- Choose the Right Platform: First, you need to figure out which platform is right for your business. You need to figure out which platform is used the most by your target audience. For example, while everyone uses Facebook, this is a tool that is mostly used by older individuals. Instagram tends to be used more by women than men. LinkedIn is used mostly by professionals while TikTok is more popular among younger individuals. Choose the right platform.
- Post Regularly: Next, you need to post content on a regular basis. The point of these platforms is to keep your company’s name in front of your followers regularly. You want to make sure that you keep your company in front of your followers, so try to post an update on a regular basis. This will help you develop a strong relationship with your followers, imbuing them with a sense of loyalty. This can also help you grow your following.
- Post the Right Content: Depending on your audience, they might not want to read long posts. Therefore, think about where you are posting and who is going to be reading your posts. Remember that a picture is worth 1000 words. When possible, post images and videos that will help your followers grasp the point of the post quickly. This will encourage them to like, share, and comment. This will help you grow your following.
- Interact with Your Followers: Finally, to get the most out of your campaigns, you need to interact with your followers. Your customers want to know that they are being noticed. Therefore, if they leave a review, comment on it. If they share the post, let them know it is appreciated. If they post a picture with the product you are advertising, thank them for it. Interacting with your followers is a great way to grow your following.
These are just a few of the tips that you can use to increase your following. Social media is one of the most important parts of digital marketing today. Use these tips to help you get the most out of your profiles.